Matthews China Small Companies Fund
Matthews Asia Funds
- Investment involves risk. Past performance is not a guide to future performance. It is possible to lose the principal capital of your investment.
- The Fund invests primarily in China-related companies. Investments in such companies may be subject to increased risks such as political, tax, economic, policy, market, liquidity, trading, custody and settlement, currency, legal and regulatory risks.
- The Fund invests primarily in equity securities, which may result in increased volatility.
- The Fund may invest in smaller companies, which are likely to carry higher risks than larger companies.
- The Fund may invest in financial derivative instruments (“FDIs”). Risk associated with FDIs include counterparty/credit risk, liquidity risk, valuation risk, volatility risk and over-the-counter transaction risk. Exposure
to FDIs may lead to a high risk of significant loss by the Fund.
- The Fund may use hedging techniques to attempt to offset certain market risks but there is no guarantee that hedging techniques will fully and effectively achieve their desired result.
- Investors should not invest in the Fund solely based on the information in this website. Please read the Hong Kong Offering Document carefully for further details including risk factors before investing.
Tiffany Hsiao, CFA
Tiffany Hsiao is a Portfolio Manager at Matthews Asia. She manages the firm's China Small Companies and Asia Small Companies Strategies and co-manages the Asia Innovators Strategies. Prior to joining the firm in 2014, she was a Vice President at Goldman Sachs Investment Partners in Hong Kong and Tokyo from 2007 to 2013, responsible for Asia Pacific investments with an emphasis on equities in China. Previously, she spent six years at Franklin Templeton Investments, where she managed the firm's global communications fund. Tiffany earned her Master of Science and Information Technology from Carnegie Mellon University and received a B.A. in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley. She is fluent in Mandarin and Taiwanese, and conversational in Cantonese.
YuanYuan Ji is a Portfolio Manager at Matthews Asia and co-manages the firm's China Small Companies Strategy. Before joining the firm in 2016, she was an Executive Director, Head of China Small Cap at Haitong International Securities Group in Hong Kong. Prior to that experience, from 2009 to 2011, she held a variety of positions in the financial and consulting industries, including at British American Tobacco, PricewaterhouseCoopers and McKinsey & Company. YuanYuan received a Bachelor of Economics and Finance degree from The University of Hong Kong. She is fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese and Shanghainese.