Matthews China Small Companies Fund
Matthews Asia Funds
- Investment involves risk. Past performance is not a guide to future performance. It is possible to lose the principal capital of your investment.
- The Fund invests primarily in Mainland China-related companies. Investments in such companies may be subject to increased risks such as political, tax, economic, policy, market, liquidity, trading, custody and settlement, currency, legal and regulatory risks.
- The Fund invests primarily in equity securities, which may result in increased volatility.
- The Fund may invest in smaller companies, which are likely to carry higher risks than larger companies.
- The Fund does not hedge to attempt to offset certain market risks. This may expose the Fund to the risk of full losses resulting from a decline in a security's value.
- Investors should not invest in the Fund solely based on the information in this website. Please read the Hong Kong Offering Document carefully for further details including risk factors before investing.
Tiffany Hsiao, CFA
Tiffany Hsiao is a Portfolio Manager at Matthews Asia. She manages the firm's China Small Companies Strategy and co-manages the Asia Small Companies and Asia Innovators Strategies. Prior to joining the firm in 2014, she was a Vice President and Research Analyst at Goldman Sachs Investment Partners in Hong Kong and Tokyo from 2007 to 2013. She was responsible for researching Asia Pacific investments, with an emphasis on equities in China. Previously, she spent six years at Franklin Templeton Investments, where she managed the firm's global communications fund. Tiffany earned her Master of Science and Information Technology from Carnegie Mellon University and received a B.A. in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley. She is fluent in Mandarin and Taiwanese, and conversational in Cantonese.
Lydia So, CFA
Lydia So is a Portfolio Manager at Matthews Asia and manages the firm's Asia Small Companies Strategy and co-manages the China Small Companies Strategy. Prior to joining Matthews Asia in 2004 as a Research Associate, Lydia was a Portfolio Associate at RCM Capital Management. She started her investment career at Kochis Fitz Wealth Management. Lydia received a B.A. in Economics from the University of California, Davis. She is fluent in Cantonese and conversational in Mandarin.