Matthews Pacific Tiger Fund
Matthews Asia Funds
- Investment involves risk. Past performance is not a guide to future performance. It is possible to lose the principal capital of your investment.
- The Fund invests primarily in Asia ex Japan countries and economies. Investment in such emerging markets may be subject to increased risks such as political, tax, economic, policy, market, liquidity, trading, custody and settlement, currency, legal and regulatory risks.
- The Fund may, at its discretion, pay dividends out of the capital or effectively out of capital in respect of the distribution shares. Payment of dividends out of capital and/or effectively out of capital amounts to a return or withdrawal of part of an investor's original investment, or from any capital gains attributable to that original investment. Any distribution may result in an immediate reduction of the net asset value per share of the Fund.
- The Fund invests primarily in equity securities, which may result in increased volatility.
- The Fund may invest in smaller companies which are likely to carry higher risks than larger companies.
- The Fund may invest in financial derivative instruments (“FDIs”). Risk associated with FDIs include counterparty/credit risk, liquidity risk, valuation risk, volatility risk and over-the-counter transaction risk. The Fund will not use FDIs extensively for investment purposes.
- The Fund may use hedging techniques to attempt to offset certain market risks but there is no guarantee that hedging techniques will fully and effectively achieve their desired result.
- Investors should not invest in the Fund solely based on the information in this website. Please read the Hong Kong Offering Document carefully for further details including risk factors before investing.
30 April 2010
BenchmarkMSCI All Country Asia ex Japan Index
Asia Ex Japan
Consists of all countries and markets in Asia, excluding Japan but including all developed, emerging and frontier countries and markets in Asia.
Seeks to achieve long term capital appreciation.
The Fund seeks to achieve its investment objective by investing, directly or indirectly, at least 65% of its total net assets, in equities of companies located in Asia, and may invest the remainder of its net assets in other permitted assets on a worldwide basis. For the purpose of this policy, Asia includes China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
The Matthews Pacific Tiger Fund intends to distribute its dividends annually. Year end 2018 distributions, if any, were paid for the I (Dist) share classes on 21 December 2018 to shareholders of record as of 11 December 2018. Year End Distribution information is now available.
Fees & Expenses
Total Expense Ratio1
30 September 2019
Overall Morningstar RatingTM is reflective of the USD Accumulation Share class. Fund ratings represent an opinion only and are not a recommendation to buy or sell any fund. Copyright ©2019 Morningstar, Inc. All Rights Reserved. The information contained herein: (1) is proprietary to Morningstar and/or its content providers; (2) may not be copied or distributed; and (3) is provided for reference purposes only.
1 Total expense ratio for periods less than a full fiscal year has been annualized based on the Fund’s fiscal year-to-date unaudited expenses as of the most recently available quarter end. The annualized total expense ratio may vary, sometimes significantly, quarter to quarter and from the actual fiscal year-end total expense ratio. The Fund’s annual report for each financial year will include detail on the exact charges made.