- Investment involves risk. Past performance is not a guide to future performance. It is possible to lose the principal capital of your investment.
- The Fund invests primarily in India-related companies. Investments in such companies may be subject to increased risks such as political, tax, economic, policy, market, liquidity, trading, custody and settlement, currency, legal and regulatory risks.
- The Fund invests primarily in equity securities, which may result in increased volatility.
- The Fund may invest in smaller companies which are likely to carry higher risks than larger companies.
- The Fund may invest in financial derivative instruments (“FDIs”). Risk associated with FDIs include counterparty/credit risk, liquidity risk, valuation risk, volatility risk and over-the-counter transaction risk. Exposure
to FDIs may lead to a high risk of significant loss by the Fund.
- The Fund may use hedging techniques to attempt to offset certain market risks but there is no guarantee that hedging techniques will fully and effectively achieve their desired result.
- Investors should not invest in the Fund solely based on the information in this website. Please read the Hong Kong Offering Document carefully for further details including risk factors before investing.
Peeyush Mittal, CFA
Peeyush Mittal is a
Portfolio Manager at Matthews Asia and manages the firm's India Strategy. Prior
to joining the firm in 2015, he spent over three years at Franklin Templeton
Asset Management India, most recently as a Senior Research Analyst. Previously,
he was with Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management New York, from 2009 to 2011,
researching U.S. and European stocks in the industrials and materials sectors.
Peeyush began his career in 2003 with Scot Forge as an Industrial Engineer, and
was responsible for implementing Lean Manufacturing systems on the production
shop floor. Peeyush earned his M.B.A from The University of Chicago Booth
School of Business. He received a Master of Science in Industrial Engineering
from The Ohio State University and received a Bachelor of Technology in
Metallurgical Engineering from The Indian Institute of Technology Madras. He is
fluent in Hindi.
Sharat Shroff, CFA
Sharat Shroff is a Portfolio Manager at Matthews Asia and manages the firm's Pacific Tiger Strategy and co-manages the India Strategy. Prior to joining the firm in 2005 as a Research Analyst, Sharat worked in the San Francisco and Hong Kong offices of Morgan Stanley as an Equity Research Associate. Sharat received a Bachelor of Technology from the Institute of Technology in Varanasi, India and an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management, in Calcutta, India. He is fluent in Hindi and Bengali.