- Investment involves risk. Past performance is not a guide to future performance. It is possible to lose the principal capital of your investment.
- The Fund invests primarily in India-related companies. Investments in such companies may be subject to increased risks such as political, tax, economic, policy, market, liquidity, trading, custody and settlement, currency, legal and regulatory risks.
- The Fund invests primarily in equity securities, which may result in increased volatility.
- The Fund may invest in smaller companies which are likely to carry higher risks than larger companies.
- The Fund does not hedge to attempt to offset certain market risks. This may expose the Fund to the risk of full losses resulting from a decline in a security's value.
- Investors should not invest in the Fund solely based on the information in this website. Please read the Hong Kong Offering Document carefully for further details including risk factors before investing.
Sunil Asnani is a Portfolio Manager at Matthews Asia. He manages the firm's India Strategy and co-manages the Asia Innovators Strategy. Prior to joining the firm in 2008 as a Research Analyst, he was a Senior Associate in the Corporate Finance and Strategy practice for McKinsey & Company in New York. In 2006, Sunil earned his M.B.A. from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. From 1999 to 2004, he served in various capacities, including as Superintendent of Police, for the Indian Police Service in Trivandrum, India. Sunil received a Bachelor of Technology degree from the Indian Institute of Technology in Delhi, India. He is fluent in Sindhi, Hindi and Malayalam.
Sharat Shroff, CFA
Sharat Shroff is a Portfolio Manager at Matthews Asia and manages the firm's Pacific Tiger Strategy and co-manages the India and Asia Growth Strategies. Prior to joining the firm in 2005 as a Research Analyst, Sharat worked in the San Francisco and Hong Kong offices of Morgan Stanley as an Equity Research Associate. Sharat received a Bachelor of Technology from the Institute of Technology in Varanasi, India and an M.B.A. from the Indian Institute of Management, in Calcutta, India. He is fluent in Hindi and Bengali.
Peeyush Mittal is a Portfolio Manager at Matthews Asia and co-manages the firm's India Strategy. Prior to joining the firm in 2015, he spent over three years at Franklin Templeton Asset Management India, most recently as a Senior Research Analyst. Previously, he was with Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management New York, from 2009 to 2011, researching U.S. and European stocks in the industrials and materials sectors. Peeyush began his career in 2003 with Scot Forge as an Industrial Engineer, and was responsible for implementing Lean Manufacturing systems on the production shop floor. Peeyush earned his M.B.A from The University of Chicago Booth School of Business. He received a Master of Science in Industrial Engineering from The Ohio State University and received a Bachelor of Technology in Metallurgical Engineering from The Indian Institute of Technology Madras. He is fluent in Hindi.