Matthews China Small Companies Fund
Matthews Asia Funds
- Investment involves risk. Past performance is not a guide to future performance. It is possible to lose the principal capital of your investment.
- The Fund invests primarily in Mainland China-related companies. Investments in such companies may be subject to increased risks such as political, tax, economic, policy, market, liquidity, trading, custody and settlement, currency, legal and regulatory risks.
- The Fund invests primarily in equity securities, which may result in increased volatility.
- The Fund may invest in smaller companies, which are likely to carry higher risks than larger companies.
- The Fund does not hedge to attempt to offset certain market risks. This may expose the Fund to the risk of full losses resulting from a decline in a security's value.
- Investors should not invest in the Fund solely based on the information in this website. Please read the Hong Kong Offering Document carefully for further details including risk factors before investing.
29 February 2012
Overall Morningstar Rating™
BenchmarkMSCI China Small Cap Index
China and Taiwan
China includes its administrative and other districts, such as Hong Kong.
Seeks to achieve long term capital appreciation.
The Fund seeks to achieve its investment objective by investing, directly or indirectly, at least 65% of its total net assets, in equities of small companies located in China, and may invest the remainder of its net assets in other permitted assets on a worldwide basis. For the purpose of this policy, China includes the People’s Republic of China, its administrative and other districts, such as Hong Kong, as well as Taiwan.
Fees & Expenses
Total Expense Ratio1
31 December 2018
Overall Morningstar RatingTM is reflective of the USD Accumulation Share class. Fund ratings represent an opinion only and are not a recommendation to buy or sell any fund. Copyright ©2019 Morningstar, Inc. All Rights Reserved. The information contained herein: (1) is proprietary to Morningstar and/or its content providers; (2) may not be copied or distributed; and (3) is provided for reference purposes only.
1 Total expense ratio for periods less than a full fiscal year has been annualized based on the Fund’s fiscal year-to-date unaudited expenses as of the most recently available quarter end. The annualized total expense ratio may vary, sometimes significantly, quarter to quarter and from the actual fiscal year-end total expense ratio. The Fund’s annual report for each financial year will include detail on the exact charges made.