Matthews Pacific Tiger Fund
Matthews Asia Funds
- Investment involves risk. Past performance is not a guide to future performance. It is possible to lose the principal capital of your investment.
- The Fund invests primarily in Asian countries and economies. Investment in such emerging markets may be subject to increased risks such as political, tax, economic, policy, market, liquidity, trading, custody and settlement, currency, legal and regulatory risks.
- The Fund may, at its discretion, pay dividends out of the capital or effectively out of capital in respect of the distribution shares. Payment of dividends out of capital and/or effectively out of capital amounts to a return or withdrawal of part of an investor's original investment, or from any capital gains attributable to that original investment. Any distribution may result in an immediate reduction of the net asset value per share of the Fund.
- The Fund invests primarily in equity securities, which may result in increased volatility.
- The Fund may invest in smaller companies which are likely to carry higher risks than larger companies.
- The Fund does not hedge to attempt to offset certain market risks. This may expose the Fund to the risk of full losses resulting from a decline in a security's value.
- Investors should not invest in the Fund solely based on the information in this website. Please read the Hong Kong Offering Document carefully for further details including risk factors before investing.
Sharat Shroff, CFA
Sharat Shroff is a Portfolio Manager at Matthews Asia and manages the firm's Pacific Tiger Strategy and co-manages the India Strategy. Prior to joining the firm in 2005 as a Research Analyst, Sharat worked in the San Francisco and Hong Kong offices of Morgan Stanley as an Equity Research Associate. Sharat received a Bachelor of Technology from the Institute of Technology in Varanasi, India and an M.B.A. from the Indian Institute of Management, in Calcutta, India. He is fluent in Hindi and Bengali.
Rahul Gupta is a Portfolio Manager at Matthews Asia and co-manages the firm’s Pacific Tiger Strategy. Prior to joining the firm in 2014, he spent almost a decade at Oaktree Capital Management as a Senior Vice President on the Emerging Market Long Short Equity Fund. In this role, he managed portfolios in the technology, industrial and health care industries. Rahul began his career in 1994 with Citibank, and as a Vice President was responsible for heading the development of new financial products. Rahul earned his M.B.A. from INSEAD in France and was also an exchange student at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. He received a Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology in New Delhi. He is fluent in Hindi.
Raymond Z. Deng
Raymond Deng is a Portfolio Manager at Matthews Asia, and co-manages the firm's Pacific Tiger Strategy. Prior to joining the firm in 2014, Raymond earned an M.B.A from The University of Chicago Booth School of Business. From 2008 to 2012, he worked at Booz & Company, most recently as a Senior Consultant responsible for developing corporate growth strategies, financial analysis and modeling and client management. Raymond received a B.S. in Industrial Engineering from Tsinghua University in Beijing. He is fluent in Mandarin.