- Investment involves risk. It is possible to lose the principal capital of your investment.
- The Fund invests primarily in Mainland China-related companies. Investments in such companies may be subject to increased risks such as political, tax, economic, market, liquidity, custody and settlement, currency, legal and regulatory risks.
- The Fund invests primarily in equity securities, concentrated in China, which may result in increased volatility.
- The Fund may invest in smaller companies, which are likely to carry higher risks than larger companies.
- The Fund does not hedge to attempt to offset certain market risks. This may expose the Fund to the risk of full losses resulting from a decline in a security's value.
- Investors should not invest in the Fund solely based on the information in this website. Please read the Hong Kong Offering Document carefully for further details including risk factors before investing.
Andrew Mattock, CFA
Andrew Mattock is a Portfolio Manager at Matthews Asia and manages the firm’s China Strategy. Prior to joining the firm in 2015, he was a Fund Manager at Henderson Global Investors for 15 years, first in London and then in Singapore, managing Asia Pacific equities. Andrew holds a Bachelor of Business in Accounting from ACU. He began his career at PricewaterhouseCoopers and is qualified as a Chartered Accountant.
Winnie Chwang is a Portfolio Manager at Matthews Asia and co-manages the firm’s China and Asia ESG Strategies. She joined the firm in 2004 and has built her investment career at the firm. Winnie earned an M.B.A. from the Haas School of Business and received her B.A. in Economics with a minor in Business Administration from the University of California, Berkeley. She is fluent in Mandarin and conversational in Cantonese.