Matthews China Dividend Fund
- Investment involves risk. It is possible to lose the principal capital of your investment.
- The Fund invests primarily in Mainland China-related companies. Investment in such companies may be subject to increased risks such as political, tax, economic, market, liquidity, custody and settlement, currency, legal and regulatory risks.
- The Fund may, at its discretion, pay dividends out of the capital or effectively out of capital in respect of the distribution shares. Payment of dividends out of capital and/or effectively out of capital represents a return or withdrawal of part of an investor's original investment, or from any capital gains attributable to that original investment. Such dividends may result in an immediate reduction of the net asset value per share of the Fund.
- The Fund invests primarily in equity securities, concentrated in China, which may result in increased volatility.
- The Fund may invest in smaller companies which are likely to carry higher risks than larger companies.
- The Fund does not hedge to attempt to offset certain market risks. This may expose the Fund to the risk of full losses resulting from a decline in a security's value.
- Investors should not invest in the Fund solely based on the information in this material alone. Please contact Matthews Global Investors (Hong Kong) Limited for further details of the risk factors.
31 January 2013
BenchmarkMSCI China Index
China and Taiwan
China includes its administrative and other districts, such as Hong Kong
Seeks to provide a level of current income that is higher than the yield generally available in China's equity markets over the long term.
The Fund seeks to achieve its investment objective by investing, directly or indirectly, at least 80% of its total assets, in income-paying publicly traded common stocks, preferred stocks, convertible preferred stocks, and other equity-related instruments of companies located in China. For purpose of this policy, China includes the People's Republic of China, its administrative and other districts, such as Hong Kong, as well as Taiwan. The Fund may also invest in convertible fixed-income securities.
The Matthews China Dividend Fund intends to distribute its dividends semi-annually. Second quarter 2018 distributions, if any, will be paid for the I (Dist) and A (Dist) share classes on 29 June 2018 to shareholders of record as of 18 June 2018. Distribution information is now available.
Fees & Expenses
Total Expense Ratio1
31 March 2018
Overall Morningstar RatingTM is reflective of the USD Accumulation Share class. Fund ratings represent an opinion only and are not a recommendation to buy or sell any fund. Copyright ©2018 Morningstar, Inc. All Rights Reserved. The information contained herein: (1) is proprietary to Morningstar and/or its content providers; (2) may not be copied or distributed; and (3) is provided for reference purposes only.
1 Total expense ratio for periods less than a full fiscal year has been annualized based on the Fund’s fiscal year-to-date unaudited expenses as of the most recently available quarter end. The annualized total expense ratio may vary, sometimes significantly, quarter to quarter and from the actual fiscal year-end total expense ratio. The Fund’s annual report for each financial year will include detail on the exact charges made.