Matthews Asia Small Companies Fund
Matthews Asia Funds
- Investment involves risk. Past performance is not a guide to future performance. It is possible to lose the principal capital of your investment.
- The Fund invests primarily in Asia ex Japan countries and economies. Investment in such emerging markets may be subject to increased risks such as political, tax, economic, policy, market, liquidity, trading, custody and settlement, currency, legal and regulatory risks.
- The Fund invests primarily in equity securities, which may result in increased volatility.
- The Fund may invest in smaller companies, which are likely to carry higher risks than larger companies.
- The Fund may invest in financial derivative instruments (“FDIs”). Risk associated with FDIs include counterparty/credit risk, liquidity risk, valuation risk, volatility risk and over-the-counter transaction risk. Exposure
to FDIs may lead to a high risk of significant loss by the Fund.
- The Fund may use hedging techniques to attempt to offset certain market risks but there is no guarantee that hedging techniques will fully and effectively achieve their desired result.
- Investors should not invest in the Fund solely based on the information in this website. Please read the Hong Kong Offering Document carefully for further details including risk factors before investing.
Tiffany Hsiao, CFA
Tiffany Hsiao is a Portfolio Manager at Matthews Asia. She manages the firm's China Small Companies and Asia Small Companies Strategies and co-manages the Asia Innovators Strategies. Prior to joining the firm in 2014, she was a Vice President at Goldman Sachs Investment Partners in Hong Kong and Tokyo from 2007 to 2013, responsible for Asia Pacific investments with an emphasis on equities in China. Previously, she spent six years at Franklin Templeton Investments, where she managed the firm's global communications fund. Tiffany earned her Master of Science and Information Technology from Carnegie Mellon University and received a B.A. in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley. She is fluent in Mandarin and Taiwanese, and conversational in Cantonese.
Beini Zhou, CFA
Beini Zhou is a Portfolio Manager at Matthews Asia and manages the firm's Emerging Markets Equity and Asia Value Strategies, and co-manages the Asia Small Companies Strategy. Prior to joining Matthews Asia in 2013, he was a Research Analyst with Artisan Partners on the Global Value Team, responsible for covering pan-Asia stocks across all industries. Before joining Artisan in 2005, Beini spent three years as a senior product analyst at Oracle Corp. He received an M.S. in Computer Science from the University of California, Berkeley and a B.A. in Applied Mathematics from Harvard College. He is fluent in Mandarin.