- Investment involves risk. It is possible to lose the principal capital of your investment.
- The Fund invests primarily in Asian countries and economies. Investment in such emerging markets may be subject to increased risks such as political, tax, economic, market, liquidity, custody and settlement, currency, legal and regulatory risks.
- The Fund invests primarily in equity securities, which may result in increased volatility.
- Focused funds may be subject to greater share price volatility as a larger portion of their assets may be invested in the securities of a single issuer compared to diversified funds.
- The Fund does not hedge to attempt to offset certain market risks. This may expose the Fund to the risk of full losses resulting from a decline in a security's value.
- Investors should not invest in the Fund solely based on the information in this website. Please read the Hong Kong Offering Document carefully for further details including risk factors before investing.
Kenneth Lowe, CFA
Kenneth Lowe is a Portfolio Manager at Matthews Asia and manages the firm’s Asia Focus and Asian Growth and Income strategies. Prior to joining Matthews Asia in 2010, he was an Investment Manager on the Asia and Global Emerging Market Equities Team at Martin Currie Investment Management in Edinburgh, Scotland. Kenneth received an M.A. in Mathematics and Economics from the University of Glasgow.
S. Joyce Li, CFA
S. Joyce Li is a Portfolio Manager at Matthews Asia. Prior to joining the firm in 2016 as a Senior Research Analyst, she was a Portfolio Manager and Principal at Marvin & Palmer Associates, where she comanaged equity investments in the Asia Pacific markets between 2007 and 2016. Joyce started her investment career as a Senior Investment Associate at Wilmington Trust. Joyce received an M.B.A. with honors from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and a M.S. in Computer Science from the University of Virginia. She is fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese.